Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's the most wonderful time to PEEL!

The holidays maybe the most wonderful time for kids but to us adults, it can be frustrating and time consuming. With all the planning, decorating and shopping one can get overwhelmed. So why not take the focus of the major To Do Lists and give yourself a pampering treat. The holidays are fine but I don't want to look broken down and aged. Who does, right?

With that said, I have taken sometime to give myself a gentle peel, twice in the past two weeks and am recruiting others in my circle. I peeled my husband for the first time ever. For the longest time, I told him "You are like my personal billboard. If you walk around with wrinkled, marked and pimpled skin, what will people think of my skills as an aesthetician?" Nag, Nag, he always refused, but I finally got him to do it. To start him off, I did a very gentle Salicylic peel with one pass. Not sure he could handle anything else. He has oily skin and enlarged pores so to start I thought this would be a great fit. It's still a struggle for him to wear sunscreen so I went easy to start.. He seriously doesn't get the importance of sunscreen. Trust me when I say, he won't leave the house without his Aveda Pomade in his hair, but sunscreen, always forgets. 

In any case, I am in peel mode. Planning to peel my sister in the next coming days. Already gave her a peel at the start of the season. She is brave and a seasoned pro to peels, so I am going full force on her. She will look like a twenty something soon enough. LoL! She looks younger then she is already so shouldn't be to hard. Maybe they will start carding us again M. (Small inside joke. HAHA!)

Now not everyone can afford to go out and get peels every month. If you have minor skin issues, for example small dark spots, fine lines starting to show, you can use items right out your fridge to give you gradual but effective results. 
Prefered brand for me.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR PEEL

Ingredients:
1Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic is best)
1Tbsp Lemon Juice (Fresh is best)

Tools:
Small Clean bowl
Gauze, fan brush or cotton round (Either will do)

Mix and apply with gauze, fan brush or cotton round, starting from the neck up in a gentle upward and out motion. Avoid getting to close to eyes or using on open cuts, abscessed/ recently popped pimples. It WILL burn. 
Leave on for about 10 minutes. You will feel a tingle on your skin. If you feel pain, remove at once with warm water. If your face still has a "burning" sensation you can use water and baking soda to stop the acid effects. (1 TBSP baking soda to 1 cup Water. Stir and apply.)

It is the holidays, why not drink a cup of Hot Apple Cider while you wait for those ten minutes to pass. The aromas of the Cider will help you forget how stinky the vinegar is too. Always follow with a serum or moisturizer. Do I have to remind you to wear your sunscreen? Wear your sunscreen unless your going to bed of course. 

This should leave skin tight, glowing and will gradually shed within the next few days. You can repeat ever two weeks or until you have achieved the results you are seeking.

However, if you a results now kind of person see your dermatologist or Aesthetician and see what kind of peel they recommend for you.

Happy Peeling and happy holiday prepping.

Please take a moment to comment, Like, Share and Subscribe. Thanks so much for coming by.

As always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment