Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Saving my pennies for...

So after having the twins, I have lost a good amount of weight. Still have 5 pounds to go but I feel great. For one exception, (Why is it that there is always an exception, right?)

My skin hasn't pulled back the way I had hoped, as it did the first time around. It's a self-esteem buster at times. Muffin top was one thing. You could get the right pants or top on and you wouldn't have to look at it. When you are naked it's fine because you can't tell, no pressure. However, Muffin top with shriveled saggy skin is an entirely different look. So what is a girl to do?

As an esthetician, I am constantly learning about the skin and new skin care products and treatments. I personally like to concentrate on less invasive procedures for myself and as recommendations to others. I support those who want to go under the knife to enhance their beauty but it's just not for me. I accept my body for how it is. Small chest, big bootie. I'm absolutely okay with my curves or the the lack of, it's what makes me, me. Plus, I have never had any complaints. HAHA!

However, it doesn't mean that I am just going to let myself go and be okay with certain things that can be improved on naturally or with a little advance technology. In an effort to be "Fit at 40", I am trying my best to eat right and find time to exercise more. This loose skin seems to be sticking around. Much like my cellulite but that has been an issue my entire life so lets not get into that.

In the case of my loose skin on my belly, here is what I have found and you can bet I am saving my pennies for this one. The Reaction High Frequency Laser treatment. Here is what they claim.

Reaction™

The new generation in body contouring & skin tightening treatments

Reaction™ offers multiple treatment applications for the industry's most-wanted aesthetic treatments:
  • Cellulite treatment (YOUR SEEING THIS RIGHT. BONUS!!)
  • Circumferential reduction
  • Skin-tightening for aging & lax skin on the face and body
  • Skin tightening treatment for appearance of stretch marks

Can it do all of the above? I mean, if this is true...WOW! Women everywhere should be running to their local plastic surgeon or dermatologist/Aesthetician Laser centers, signing up for treatments. Does it work? 

I'm a "proof is in the pudding" type person but I don't just take the account of a person or company telling me it works. I do research and so should every consumer before they buy into any advertisement or story. So here is a link to a clinical study done on Radio High Frequency (RHF) lasers CLICK HERE. If you don't care about all the medical jargon, skip to Safety and Conclusion for found results.

After reading this, I would have to say, Yes, it does work. It works for the person who already takes great care of themselves physically and just needs a little help touching up. In my case, tightening up.  It boosts collagen,  helping turn back the clock. In addition to my research I have my own experiences with lasers. In the past, I worked at a popular Aesthetic Laser chain in New York City and the laser treatments for fat reduction, skin tightening and peeling worked fabulously. Clients always came back for their treatments wanting to look younger or slow down the effects of gravity.

There are risks. Clients can get burned and scared, so make sure you qualify for such procedures before you even walk through the door. Make sure you go to a reputable clinic with a Doctor on staff.  Some skin types can not use certain lasers because of the high risk of burning. I want to reiterate, do your research before you make any decisions on lasers and skin care treatments. The more you know the better.

For me, I qualify for this type of laser to reduce sagging skin after having the twins 18 months ago.   I've lost almost all the weight with just 5 - 8 pounds to go. Exercise can help with the pounds reduction but a laser like REACTION can help with the skins loss of elasticity. My skin is a #4  on the Fitzpatrick scale, medium brown, therefore I don't have to worry to much about skin burning (all though there is always the risk if you go somewhere with lack of training or care.)  Professionally, I would avoid using heat inducing lasers on skin types higher then a 4, as the potential risk  of burning is higher.

The pennies are going in the jar but I would love to hear from anyone that has used a laser like this one to reduce fat and or tighten skin. First hand testimonials are the best way to obtain information. Please share your experience below.

Please take a moment to comment, Like, Share and Subscribe. Thanks so much for coming by.

As always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment