Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Saying goodbye to 2014 and way more

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!
This time a year is always when we take a look back to reflect on all that has passed. Remember those that may not be with us anymore or a life that seems so distant to us.

Just before Christmas, I spoke with my Aunt, recalling christmas' long ago. The loud celebratory New Years parties. My family really knew how to party back then, perhaps to much. Either way, it was fun. As time passed, the parties became less and less. Division amongst family began. We all grew up and seemed to go our own ways. For what ever reasons that may be. Some for good reason, others just because they think they have good reason.

But I have also been thinking about my grandmother on my fathers side who once said to me, "Diga lo que tienes que decir ahora, que despues de la muerte uno no puede hablar." Translated "Say what you have to say now, because once your dead you can no longer speak." Now more then ever, I really get what she was telling me. She was always unapologetic. Proud in the knowledge she had of herself and of her God. She was the real deal. An inspiration to me. Both my grandmothers had their own strengths. Mama Sijo (paternal grandmother) was a force to be reckoned with, Abuelita Gloria, (Maternal Grandmother) was one of the most compassionate women I have ever known. My first memory of what caring is, is from her.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
I spent my entire young life with people telling me to hold my tongue. When Mama shared these words of wisdom, she was in her 90's, I realized I was worrying about what others thought of me. Trying to be cool or accepted by others, even my own family. What kind of life is that? I've learned that when I spoke freely, it wasn't always what my heart was speaking. So now more then ever,  I am truthful with myself first and then others. It may not always be sweet and I might not sugar coat my thoughts but it's the truth. I avoid the gossip at all cost. That's what causes trouble. I say what I think, it may not always be right, may not be welcomed but it's the truth, as I know and feel it.

Freud believed that everything comes back to the parents. Perhaps it is true, in that we are all reflections of our parents/upbringing. The lessons our family taught some good, others bad. Some of us spend a lifetime hating our parents for the poor examples they laid out. Others are lucky to have great parents straight out the gate. Me, mine were good. They had their moments but they loved us. My grandmothers, they were the best examples of them all.  They are what I reach down into for when I am at a low. I am trying to show that to my children. Realistically, I know I can never be the best. I am not in a competition with anyone, I'm simply trying my best for them. The past is in the past, why should I punish my children for how my parents raised me. So I chose to shed my skin, leave the past where it belongs, hold on to the great memories I have and let go of the ones that are often to hard to recall. Remembering that I am living a blessed life.

Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow.
Overall this has been a great year. We settled in to our house, NoNo turned three,  the twins started walking and talking. Twins turned one, they were baptized, my husband officially moved down and started his new job. It's been a year full of special events and change. Though the year started out rough and was challenging, physically, emotionally and mentally, we all managed to get through it.

Most importantly, this year, I have come to terms with my life and who I am as a person. The highs and the lows of it all. The shadows of my past. Learning to speak only my hearts truth. To show compassion to others who show only their ignorance. I may fail at times but I am trying my best to be in the moment and enjoy life now. My kids are small but I know they won't be forever so I try to spend as much time as I can with them and take this time all in.

So whatever you may be dealing with, I hope that you have strength within you to overcome it. That you learn to feel and listen to your hearts truth and live an authentic life. Only we can set the path of our lives. The obstacles that come are just challenges to see what person we choose to be. I chose truth in order to be happy. I hope you do too.

For those reading this, I wish you a wonderful New Year. May life bring you peace, joy and a chance to start anew. Goodbye 2014, hello 2015!! Be sure to Comment, Like, Share, and Subscribe. Thanks so much for coming by.

As always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful XOXO

#HappyNewYears2015

No comments:

Post a Comment