Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Prep time is here.


Christmas, Christmas Christmas is here!

Super excited this year to wake up in the morning and watch the kids dig into their gifts. They are finally old enough to start to experience the joy of the holidays together.

Since the little ones are still in destruction mode, I decided to skip the traditional tree to avoid precious ornaments being broken. Went with a "Frosty the Snowman" themed tree, thank you Pinterest. First I purchased a pre-lit white Christmas tree at Walmart ($40). Never thought I'd ever have a white tree. Then I spray painted some pouch caps and styrofoam rounds black (Walmart $3) for the "coal" and a cylinder orange for the nose. My little boy got at one of the buttons so there are only two belly buttons now. Couldn't find a large enough button for the nose. Improvised with the look of a carrot. Found the hat and scarf at Target in the discount section and used my own rain boots. Tossed some fluff and white tinsel on floor and "Ta da!" Done.

Our Tree version of Frosty the Snowman
Yes, he doesn't have arms. That's only because it's been raining so much here on and off since the flood that the trees haven't had a chance to dry out. And though I contemplated putting them on, I figured they would just end up on floor and kids would wack one another with it. Which is exactly why I am okay with that decision not to give him arms. 

Super glad I went this route for them. They touch the tree a bit to much for my liking. So all my precious ornaments that I have collected through the years or inherited will remain safe, at least this year.  My daughter is always trying to plug it in, screaming "Poopy tree light." I'll explain that in a minute. Or I will find the tree in the middle of the living room because my little boy has pulled it away from its original placement. Tinsel in another room or someone wearing the boots. It's all in good fun and I am glad to see them enjoying the tree even if it means they may play a small part in destroying it. 

I want to explain why my daughter calls the Christmas tree a "Poopy tree". She recently watched Charlie Brown's Christmas but for some reason she connects the movie only with Snoopy. She doesn't call snoopy, snoopy, she calls him "Poopy". And it's with this thinking that I believe that this is why she calls it not the Charlie Brown Christmas tree but the "Poopy tree". It's adorable but we are still teaching her how to say it right and she gets it right more often now.

This will be a quiet holiday as we spend it just our immediate family at home. Still working on what Christmas dinner will be. Not sure I will host Christmas brunch either this year do to some scheduling issues with my husbands job. Plus my time management is awful this month but I will do my best to make it special for them. Once they have gifts they won't care much about anything else anyway. So no pressure. 

If you would like to pamper yourself to release the stress of the holiday try this mask after cleansing. It is a mild exfoliant and humectant so your skin will fell soft and look bright. 

Ginger and Spice mask

1 Tbsp Organic Plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp Organic Pumpkin purée
1/2 Tbsp All natural Pumpkin spice

Apply thin layer to face. (I use a facial brush)  Let dry. Try not to eat it off your face. Wipe with lukewarm water and wash cloth. (Don't rub skin to hard. Gently cleanse away.) Any extra can be saved in fridge for next day. Or I like to use in my hair to brighten and nourish it, just add 1Tbsp Coconut Oil. Smells yum too. 

Hope you all are enjoying the prepping for the holidays. 

Please take a moment to comment, like, share or Google+ my post. Thanks so much.

And as always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!
#DIYSkincare #DIYskinmasks 

No comments:

Post a Comment