Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Remembering Our Fallen on Memorial Day

Today I wanted to comment about what Memorial Day means to me.

Captain John J. McKenna IV USMC 
KIA Fallujah, Iraq, August 16,2006
Several years back, in 2006, I attended the funeral of a fallen U.S. Marine, Captain John J. McKenna, IV. This military funeral was the first one I had ever been to and it definitely stands out in my memory. Not just because of all the people that came to pay their respects to this man that gave his life for a bigger cause. Nor for the beauty of such a somber and sobering ceremony but because I will never forget his mother.

Captain McKenna was her only son. The moment when they handed her his flag and they lowered him into the ground, her wailing cries tore at my heart. Even today as I write this, I still feel her chilling pain, as if it were just happening.

So to me, Memorial day isn't so happy. It's not a day about barbecues or discount sales in stores. Today's a day to be thankful for the men and women like Captain McKenna, who gave their lives so that we can maintain the lives we live. My husband lives with the loss of his friend every day with only a small picture of John in our home to keep him with us. That mother lives with the loss of her son every day.

So I ask that today you take a moment to think about those lives lost. To be grateful for the sacrifices that they and their families made so that you can sit out to enjoy the warm sun, barbecue in their memory and pray for those still out there defending freedom.

To learn more about Captain John J. McKenna, IV see these links below:
Military Room
Military Times
The Daily Beast
Together We Served
Legacy.com

Today, Be Grateful!

And as always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful! 

Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment