Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July



So while everyone gets ready for one of the biggest barbecue days of the year, don't forget one of the most important things. No it's not the ice or the propane, it's SUNSCREEN!

Be sure to apply your sunscreen of SPF30 or higher atlas 20 minutes before you plan on venturing out in the sun and reapply as directed. I suggest every two hours max. Be sure to protect the kids with sunscreen and hats to protect their young skin and scalps. Often we forget to sunscreen our ear and the back of our necks, so be sure to do that as well.

You want to make sure that the sunscreen you are using has a minimum SPF of 30 and that it is UVA/UVB/UVC protective (Broad Spectrum) and water resistant.

TEACHING MOMENT:

UVA - The wrinkle damaging rays
UVB - The sunburning, skin cancer causing rays
UVC - Most dangerous of rays but does not reach earth atmosphere. More man made, i.e. welding or in tanning beds.
NOTE: AVOID tanning beds. It's like sitting on the sun and giving an open invitation to cancer. "Hi Cancer. Come on in!"

Here is what we use in our house to protect our skin.

Babyganics Sunscreen Spray

Babyganics Sunscreen spray with SPF50

It's very light weight and is non-aerosol, which is great for the kids and the environment.  We use it all the time and my kids have yet to ever burn even while being in the pool or sprinkler. It contains no PABA , Phthalates, paragons, nano-particles and is fragrance free. You can find it at your local Target, Walmart, Babies R Us or most local chain pharmacies. It comes in about a 6 oz bottle for approximately $9.

Personally, I like that it's non-aerosol. So many times I see moms spraying their kids with this, some directly in the face. I understand that it saves you a lot of time and fussing but your kids are inadvertently breathing this is. NOT good. So I prefer the fuss of rubbing it in over long term possible, we only pray not, problems.


J.R.Watkins Sunscreen
 J.R. Watkins SPF-30 Sunscreen

The adults in the house use this when we want a little color but still be protected.  You still need a little Vitamin D right? I love natural products and J.R.Watkins is known for this. 

Their sunscreen protects against all 3 dangerous sun rays, UVA,UVB and UVC. It goes on easy though you may find it initially greasy it absorbs quickly and is a great first layer to your make up. It contains all-natural titanium dioxide, PABA free, plant based Shea butter with environmental bonus of eco-friendly packaging. It's 95% natural. I'm okay with that. Also, it is fragrance free so you don't have to walk around smelling like a coconut or something else. 

These are my top two because I have used them for over 4 years nor I or my children have ever been sunburn while using them.

You don't have to use these suggested picks but PLEASE be sure to wear sunscreen. The sun still gets in, it just slows down the process of the sun attacking your skin. Reapply often. Wear sun protective clothing and hydrate, it's hot out there.  Most important protect the kids.

Have fun but be sun smart. Happy 4th of July!

And as always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!



Please take a moment to comment, like, share or Google+ my post. Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment