Translate

Welcome friends

Glad you are checking in on the blog. You'll find that it is mostly focused on skin care but I may occasionally write about other things. Know the skin your in is also about being comfortable with one's self and sharing that with you. Be it about beauty or personal life. As a mom, I may be compelled to speak of my children. When it strikes me of course.

Please share any thoughts or questions you may have. I will do my best to reply. Have a product that your not sure about, ask me, happy to do the research or share my thoughts on it.

I do have three little ones at home so it makes it hard to blog regularly. However, I will do my best!

Thanks for stopping by.

Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

*The material appearing on this web site is intended for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Food, fun and Forty!

Here is what I have been up to. 


Photo: Ejimenez
Mini Pancake muffins
In honor of National Pancake Week/Day yesterday, I made these tasty Mini-Pancake muffins for the kids. Flavors I made were the recommended Blueberry,  Chocolate chip and Banana Peanut Butter Chip. They freeze well and the recipe made 36 mini's. I have to say it was super easy and the kids loved dipping them in syrup and eating them up. I enjoyed a few syrup-less and they were still good. 

The recipe came from one of my favorite cooking shows, The Pioneer Woman. Click here for recipe. I absolutely love her show. She doesn't know it, but we are such good friends. LOL! I've watched her show for a while on Food Network but when we went antenna instead of cable, I am no longer able to watch the show. How I wish she would do a show for PBS. Thank goodness for Netflix and Amazon. I can at least catch up post airing. 

Any ways....My best friend came for a visit to celebrate my 40th birthday (What?). We have known one another for so long that we talk for hours or just sit quietly watching TV or something. It's great fun! This time around many of our conversations brought us to food. Didn't matter how we started, we ended up with "God, now I am hungry" or "Here we are talking about food again." I wouldn't have changed a minute of it. Unlike my pretend friendship with, Ree of The Pioneer Woman, I have known my best friend Lisa since childhood. I was one years old when we met, she, an ancient two years old. We have been friends ever since. If your doing the math, thats 39 years of knowing someone and maintaining a friendship. Crazy cool!  I was discussing a recipe with her when I mentioned The Pioneer Woman. Put it on Netflix and after an episode, she was hooked. We watched the entire first season over the weekend. Thanks Ree!

Photo: EJimenez
Natural Chow
Easy Homemade Bagels
Others things I have made this past week. I made a batch of Natural Chow's Easy Homemade Bagels. Click here for recipe. Super easy to make and taste so darn good. They reminded me of the bagels I use to eat in New York. Yes, they are that good.  It adapts easy for added ingredients for flavors. I made Plain Bagels and plan to make Rosemary Olive Oil and Blueberry bagels next. Oh so good! A must try, so please, try it. 

Photo: EJimenez
Pepperoni Pizza
Followed that up recipe up with Pizza for kids using a basic pizza dough recipe that I had. I mean I had the flour out so why not, right? My son did most of the work after the KitchenAide mixed the dough and I flattened it out. I think he did a great job. It was no NYC pizza but it was still very good. Most importantly it was fun for my son to make. He was proud of himself. 

If you get a chance to try any of these recipes or have one you really love, I hope you will let me know about it. I'm doing my best to make things fresh for my family and could use some of the best of the best recipes you may have. Sharing is caring. 

So I would say that my last week of my thirties has been spent well with my family, food and fun. Oh I had fun! From my BFF visiting to eating out and pole dancing, (Yes, Pole dancing) it has been awesome! Honestly,  could not have asked for a better way to say goodbye to my thirties. I'm happy, hopeful for what is to come and I wish that those of you reading this, are happy too! 

Talk to you again when I'm officially forty. What, What!!

Please take a moment to comment, Like, Share or Subscribe. Thanks so much for coming by.

As always, Be Blessed, Be Healthy and Be Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment